CRAZY QUILTING Another area of Block # 5 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies.  For those of you who are new to my blog, I work on one medium size crazy quilt project annually, or at least I try to!  This year I chose a completely different colour combination from last year in a bold primary colour palette.  You can find all the other posts pertaining to this project under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.

Today I wanted to show another small section of Block #5.  In the upper right you can see a very simple herringbone stitch in a purple size 8 perle cotton.  I added star shaped beads to embellish this.

Just below I filled in the blue area with groupings of three French knots imitating flower clusters using silk chenille.

I opted to embellish the lace trim by tacking this in place with Kreinik 1/16” ribbon replicating the existing pattern.  I also added some crosses in the scallop.  At the top I following the pattern and highlighted the zig zag using perle cotton.  The scallops were traced using a circle template and stitched with 6 strand floss.  Between each of these scallops, I added a group of pistil and straight stitches.  The base is a sequin stitched in place with a French knot.

The final reveal of Block #5 coming soon.

Share on Social Media!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.