A small section of Block #3 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies. I have mentioned previously that I generally work on one medium size crazy quilt project annually. This year I chose a completely different colour combination from last year in a bold primary colour palette. You can find all the other posts pertaining to this project under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.
I was really pleased with how the seam treatment in the upper right turned out. I traced an elongated scallop pattern as my base repeated in two rows stitched using 6 strand silk floss. I added French knots in the middle to follow the scallop shape using perle cotton. I used some viscose tubular ribbon repeated French knots in small clusters at the top and a grouping of detached chain in silk perle with a collection of straight stitches in perle cotton and metallic machine thread.
I traced the hearts using Sharon Boggon’s crazy quilt templates and back stitched them using silk floss. I added some leaf shaped beads to the centers.
I picked up the copper metal flower at a bead shop many years ago and attached these with a seed bead in the center.
It is a small but busy section 🙂