The mini sampler this month is a crossed stitches sampler.
I mentioned previously that if you are a member of the American Needlepoint Guild then you may be familiar with “holed up minis”. If not, these are small projects introduced weekly on the American Needlepoint Guild website complimentary to members and non-members. Various designers offer these projects to help keep stitchers focused on positive things during COVID.
The crossed stitches sampler is one of the holed-up minis found on the American Needlepoint Guild website and is designed by Marilyn Owen. You can find the pattern HERE. It measures 3 inches square.
This will give you an idea of the colours used in this sampler
- Staggered Cross = colour 32 and DMC 803 blue floss
- Double straight cross = DMC #919 red floss
- Bound Cross = colour 32
- Rice stitch = colour 191 & DMC #702 green floss
- Norwich = colour 191
- Reversed double cross = colour 191 & DMC #803 blue floss
- Cross tied gobelin – colour 32
- Elongated Siamese cross stitch = color 191 & DMC 702 green floss
- Crossed scotch reversed = colour 32 & 191
- Long armed cross = first border DMC 919 red floss, second border DMC 803 blue floss
You will need one skein of Colour Complements colour 32 and 191 in size 5 perle cotton to stitch this sampler. OR, perhaps you’d like to combine two other colours. All the colours of floss itemized above are available in your local needlework shop.
What’s great about these mini samplers are they can be stitched as designed OR you could use the same layout but change the stitches as desired. See what you come up with?
New to Colour Complements mini sampler series?
- I post ONE counted canvas needlepoint sampler each month
- All are stitched on 18 count mono canvas and approximately 3 inches square
- All the samplers are either sourced OR original and offered complimentary
- All are stitched with Colour Complements threads AND perhaps some solids and metallics
Thank you to Marilyn and the American Needlepoint Guild for sharing this pattern. Thank you to Karen for stitching this sample.