The first section of Block #12 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies.
This year I chose a bold primary colour palette for my crazy quilt project. If you are interested in following this project, you can find all the posts under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.
I picked up some of these black butterflies at a bead store during my travels several years ago. It shows up well against the blue background.
The seam treatment on the left is straight stitches forming diamonds using size 8 perle cotton. I repeated the shape using a very fine metallic machine thread on one side and Kreinik size 8 braid on the other.
I ended up repeating a seam treatment with my black and white polka dot ribbon. I try not to do this but oh well, I did!! Herringbone over the ribbon. Please note and learn by my mistake – I ironed the ribbon which has scorched it slightly. Next time I need to use a cloth to protect it.
You can read more about this project HERE. My button cluster is next!