Last year I posted about Autumn Kaleidoscope which is a design by Canadian designer, Lorene Salt. At that time my inspiration came from two of the colours in my 2018 summer collection. This colour scheme went on to provide inspiration in my 2019 summer collection with Colour #53. It is a BOLD blend of teal blues and lime green.
In 2016, I was asked if I would like to dye some custom palettes for Fleur-de-Lis, another design by Lorene. Lorene was teaching the project for Cyberstitchers which is a chapter of the Embroidery Guild of America. I was delighted to create three different palettes exclusively for the project at that time.
Recently, Fleur de Lis was published in the March/April 2019 issue of Needlepoint Now and I thought it would be fun to create another colour way. It is a BOLD combination of lime greens and teal blues and turquoise. Due to time constraints, Dominique offered to stitch the design. Fleur de Lis measures 5 ½ inches square on 18 count canvas.
I have created a custom thread kit in the shop including
- Colour #53 – size 5 perle cotton, 20 meters/21.87 yards
- Medium Turquoise – size 8 perle cotton, 10 meters/10.94 yards
- Light Turquoise – size 8 perle cotton, 10 meters/10.94 yards
- Light Lime Green – size 8 perle cotton, 10 meters/10.94 yards
- Medium Lime Green – size 8 perle cotton, 10 meters/10.94 yards
- Kreinik Size 8 braid turquoise – 10 meters/10.94 yards
- Kreinik Size 8 braid lime green – 10 meters/10.94 yards
You can find the thread kit in the shop under Embroidery Samplers. This would make a great travel project for summer vacation. I hope you like it! Thank you Dominique.
Wishing my fellow Canadians Happy Canada Day and my American friends a customers Happy July 4th. I will return to blog posting again on Monday July 8th.