CRAZY QUILTING, hand dyed embroidery threads Another section of Block #7 in my CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies.  I have mentioned previously that I generally work on one medium size crazy quilt project annually.  This year I chose a completely different colour combination from last year in a bold primary colour palette.  You can find all the other posts pertaining to this project under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.

I had mentioned in my previous posts that I planned to do some button clusters on each of my blocks as I have a rather large collection of vintage buttons.  So, here is my cluster.  I always vary the sizes of the buttons and here I have added a sequin leaf and a leaf charm.  The top area looked a bit bare so I added a few scattered French knots to both the top and bottom.

I picked up the metal flowers in the top years ago so added a few of these to the seam treatment at the top.

The bottom seam treatment consists of a zig zag base in perle cotton with pistil stitches in a silk.  I added red heart brads in between.

More in coming weeks….

Share on Social Media!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.