The first area of Block #4 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies. I work on one medium size crazy quilt project annually, or at least I try to! This year I chose a completely different colour combination from last year in a bold primary colour palette. You can find all the other posts pertaining to this project under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.
A rather busy but very small section today. This section showcases the lace floral motif which was tacked in place using Kreinik 1/16” ribbon in the leaves and seed beads in the smaller flowers. I have had some black and white brads in my stash for years left over from my scrap booking days. It is great that this colour palette gives me the opportunity to use them – so fun.
I added a spider web in the upper left corner stitched in a very find metallic machine thread made by Madeira called FS. It comes in a small range of variegated metallic which I find very useful when you are trying to achieve a very detailed appearance.
The seam in the upper right used Colour #31 in a size 5 perle cotton for ¼ button wheels. This colour is part of my summer 2017 collection and reminds me of strawberries. I just happen to have had a piece laying about on my work table when it was time for stitching. I use a lot of left over bits in my crazy quilting.
The final touch is a sequin butterfly.