Another section of Block #11 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies.
If you are interested in following this project, you can find all the posts under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.
The bottom seam treatment is a base of hand dyed lace trim. I stitched this in place using Kreinik 1/16” ribbon and at the points with detached chain in silk perle. The center crosses are also silk perle.
The highlight of this area is my button cluster. I have used several vintage buttons from my stash in varying sizes. Also included a metal floral button I picked up in Paris a number of years ago. The “B” is a brad. A couple of sequin leaves and a couple of small lace applique flowers. To complete this I have added some randomly placed seed beads.