crazy-quiltingA small section of Block #9 in my CRAZY QUILTING project, Black Butterflies.  If you have been following this project you will no doubt know I am nearing completion of this quilt.  I believe I have another four blocks to go.  A very different palette from last year as this one is BOLD.  You can find all the posts pertaining to Black Butterflies in the right sidebar under Categories.

I started with an embroidered ribbon over the seam in the left corner. I attached this in place with simple straight stitches in a zig zag pattern in a size 8 perle cotton (pink). The seam treatment on the bottom started with some lace trim. This was attached using lengths of Kreinik 1/16” ribbon and further embellished with detached chain stitches in a silk perle accented with bugle beads. On the bottom of this seam treatment I did simple straight stitches in a pattern using size 5 perle cotton.

Some time ago I came across Linda who creates lovely tatting which she sells in her Etsy shop.   I custom ordered some of the flowers she creates using my hand dyed threads. This particular flower was tatted using size 12 perle cotton in Colour #120.  I love how it turned out so kept it simple tacking at the points with a fine metallic thread.  The center is a polka dot brad. I have had these brads in my “stash” for ages so really pleased I found a quilt they worked in!  I filled in the spaces with some small French knots.

More of Block #9 coming.

Share on Social Media!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.