What a Hoot | Screech
- I will have more in stock next month!
- a series of SIX owls, Screech is the fifth owl!
- kit includes threads, eyes, beak and pattern
- exclusive from Colour Complements
- PDF pattern emailed once purchase is complete
- scroll down for more detailed information
Out of stock
What a Hoot | Screech
Screech is the fifth owl in my ‘What a Hoot’ series designed exclusively for Colour Complements by Kam Wenzloff. Screech will be slightly more challenging to stitch.
**While I attempt for consistency in my dye lots this is not always achieved. Please note that the stitched sample in the photo shows a very slightly darker value of turquoise floss than the kit.
Screech comes in a custom, hand-dyed, LIMITED EDITION KIT that contains:
- all hand-dyed threads required to complete this exclusive design
- eyes and beak
- an additional skein of perle cotton to create the braid that outlines Screech for finishing purposes
- the Screech pattern (PDF emailed once payment is processed)
A little about the “What a Hoot” series:
‘What a Hoot’ is a series of SIX custom owls. A new owl will be introduced every month starting in April through September. As the series moves along, the designs become a little more challenging to stitch providing a good progression. Screech would be enjoyable for intermediate to advanced sitchers!
More about the owls:
- each owl measures approximately 4 inches square
- all the owls are the same shape BUT are different, one-of-a-kind, exclusive designs
- colours used are different with each owl
- each design offers a variety of stitches
Kit contents are generous and, while they do not contain enough threads to stitch a second owl, there is enough extra to stitch part of a second side. This will provide you with the opportunity to begin creating a double-sided owl!
All six would create a fabulous owl-themed mobile for a nursery or owl garland to display in the home!
Please note: you will need to purchase 18 count mono canvas from your local needlework shop or from your favourite online shop
SO MUCH FUN to stitch!
About Colour Complements threads
- hand-dyed in unique, vibrant and original colour combinations
- blended in shorter lengths
Shop pricing is in US funds. I accept Visa, Mastercard and PayPal. Canadian orders are subject to sales tax calculated during checkout.
I offer flat rate shipping. Please visit shipping information for more detail.
** Many of my photos are close-ups to allow customers to view colour variations. While I attempt to achieve colour accuracy in my photographs, be advised that all monitors display colours differently**
Want to see my threads in use
Visit my blog for inspiration, projects and tips. Subscribe to my blog.
Mailed monthly and sometimes a mini newsletter mid-month. Subscribers are the first to know about new products, custom dyed limited-edition kits and sales. Subscribe at the bottom of any page on the site.
Constance Langer (verified owner) –
Linda B. (verified owner) –
Loved doing this piece and the thread colors are great.
Helen (verified owner) –
I love the design but would like to have had a chance to have it done on a bright back grown and used the green for a lot of the blue
Penny Boswinkle (verified owner) –
Georgia, United States
He was so much fun! I can’t begin to rave about your threads! I tend to use long strands and not one of the pearls unraveled! Most impressive. Also the same with the silk pearle! There was also plenty of thread, which doesn’t alway happen! I can’t wait to start on my Xmas one!
Beth (verified owner) –
California, United States
This little guy is so much fun; a treat for sure. I especially like these colors for Halloween.
Carol Hooper (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States