What a Hoot | Joy
- a series of SIX owls, Joy is the sixth owl!
- kit includes threads, eyes, beak, snowflakes and pattern
- exclusive from Colour Complements
- PDF pattern emailed once purchase in complete
- scroll down for more detailed information
9 in stock
What a Hoot | Joy
Joy is the last and sixth owl in my ‘What a Hoot’ series designed exclusively for Colour Complements by Kam Wenzloff. Joy will be slightly more challenging to stitch.
Joy comes in a custom, hand-dyed, limited edition kit that contains:
- all hand-dyed threads required to complete this exclusive design
- eyes, beak and snowflakes
- an additional skein of perle cotton to create the braid that outlines Joy for finishing purposes
- the Joy pattern (PDF emailed once payment is processed)
A little about the “What a Hoot” series:
‘What a Hoot’ is a series of SIX custom owls. A new owl will be introduced every month starting in April through September. As the series moves along, the designs become a little more challenging to stitch providing a good progression. Enjoyable for intermediate to advanced stitchers!
More about the owls:
- each owl measures approximately 4 inches square
- all the owls are the same shape BUT are different, one-of-a-kind, exclusive designs
- colours used are different with each owl
- each design offers a variety of stitches
Kit contents are generous and, while they do not contain enough threads to stitch a second owl, there is enough extra to stitch part of a second side. This will provide you with the opportunity to begin creating a double-sided owl!
All six would create a fabulous owl-themed mobile for a nursery or owl garland to display in the home!
Please note: you will need to purchase 18 count mono canvas from your local needlework shop or from your favourite online shop
SO MUCH FUN to stitch!
About Colour Complements threads
- hand-dyed in unique, vibrant and original colour combinations
- blended in shorter lengths
Shop pricing is in US funds. I accept Visa, Mastercard and PayPal. Canadian orders are subject to sales tax calculated during checkout.
I offer flat rate shipping. Please visit shipping information for more detail.
** Many of my photos are close-ups to allow customers to view colour variations. While I attempt to achieve colour accuracy in my photographs, be advised that all monitors display colours differently**
Want to see my threads in use
Visit my blog for inspiration, projects and tips. Subscribe to my blog.
Mailed monthly and sometimes a mini newsletter mid-month. Subscribers are the first to know about new products, custom dyed limited-edition kits and sales. Subscribe at the bottom of any page on the site.
Constance Langer (verified owner) –
Love the product
Beth Krumbein (verified owner) –
Joy is a delightful piece to stitch in this holiday season.
Linda B. (verified owner) –
I have not started this one, but again thread colors are wonderful.
Jenny K. (verified owner) –
Mary Fowlrr (verified owner) –
Michigan, United States
Christine H. (verified owner) –
Loved making this. Threads and instructions are wonderful. I had already made “Screech” from the series so I knew this would be a good stitch too.
Carol Hooper (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States
Kathy S. (verified owner) –
Missouri, United States
This was such a fun project to stitch!