I love bugs in crazy quilting so I always try to add them whenever possible – butterflies, dragonflies, lady bugs, beetles etc. My dragonfly was created using opalescent daggar beads as the wings, a fine machine metallic thread for the legs and antennae and a row of beads for the body. A fun and easy addition. In this section I have a lovely embroidered silk fabric so I did not want to add a lot more embellishment and therefore kept it simple.
On the left is a small seam treatment using hand dyed Edmar Lola rayon in a chain stitch laced with a purple perle cotton. The seam treatment on the right is a trim attached with straight stitches and accented with pistil stitches, again using the rayon. At the bottom I’ve used two rows of straight stitches using a perle cotton to create a zig zag pattern. The central seam treatment started with a lace background. I created very long bullion stitches using the rayon and have couched these in place to follow the background lace pattern.
There is a small seam treatment of a box created with straight stitches and accented with detached chain and a French Knot. I used silk perle for this one.
My medium dusty crazy quilting project continues. I’ll have more to share in coming weeks.