My needlepoint journey begins today. If you would like to read my first post about this project you can do so here. There are a total of 36 squares, each measuring approximately 1 1/4 inches. Four of the squares in the center are stitched the same while the other 32 are all different! I dyed a total of thirteen different colour ways, all in a #5 perle cotton. I really did think I was ready for the challenge when I started stitching late last year – little did I know! Well I soon realized that I may have bitten off a little more than anticipated. Especially since some of these have been stitched THREE TIMES! Oh yes, I found out quickly to make sure to count the canvas correctly! Secondly, make sure you MARK the canvas correctly – I’ll be sharing more on this one in future posts!! So, needless to say I have become fairly proficient with some of these stitches – practice, practice, practice. I was seriously afraid the canvas would tear after ripping stitches out so much. Ah well, as I said, a challenge. No, I will not be showing you the back of the canvas!
So, this is the first of 36 needlepoint squares. I opted to go with pinks/purples for this one and each of the threads I used are shown on the right hand side of the photo. These threads are available at this time in my shop. I really like the results of the over dyes when stitched up. Kathy (NeedleDelights) did a beautiful job of designing this pattern with a wide variety of stitches. As I write, I have seven more squares to complete. Onwards….