My SHOP SALE continues just in case you want a little retail therapy over the weekend.
A another section of Block #2 in my new CRAZY QUILTING project – Black Butterflies. I have mentioned previously that I generally work on one medium size crazy quilt project annually. This year I chose a completely different colour combination from last year in a bold primary colour palette. You can find all the other posts pertaining to this project under “Black Butterflies” in the right sidebar under Categories.
I have rather a large collection of buttons, many of which are vintage in my stash. I had been collecting but was lucky enough to receive a very large volume from one of my local friends when she was purging. So, I decided to start to add some button clusters to some of the blocks in this quilt. My first button cluster is in the upper left in the photo. The key to button clusters is to vary the size and colour. I finished this off with the addition of some seed beads in the surrounding area and a couple of leaf sequins. I added a bird charm at the very top.
In the top right of the block I added some button wheel flowers with brad centers. Just below this is a bit different seam treatment using various colours of threads in straight stitches forming a partial box – I had not tried this previously so a new one for me.
On the left is feather stitch using silk perle and accented with viscose tubular ribbon French knots. To complete this section, I added herringbone stitch.