Introducing my new CRAZY QUILTING project! I know many of you who have been following me for some time are aware that I work on one crazy quilt annually. The exception to this was my Medium Dusty CQ as it ended up taking me longer than a year to complete with time constraints. I have made quite a colour departure with this new crazy quilt and am going with a bold primary colour palette. This palette was originally chosen by my local quilt shop as a crazy quilting teaching project. Sadly, I found I simply did not have the time to teach it. I recently was purging and found all the blocks in my stash SO, time to start stitching.
There are a total of 12 blocks measuring 8″ square. I started by selecting a print with a black background and butterflies so have decided to name this project “Black Butterflies”. All the other fabrics are subtle prints drawn from the colours found in this focus fabric – blue, red, orange, yellow and green. ALL the fabrics are cotton which is a departure from my usual selection of satins, cottons, brocades etc. – remember I mentioned this was originally designed as a teaching project hence cottons! For future reference, you will find all the blocks under “Black Butterflies” under categories in the right sidebar.
My Black Butterflies journey begins on Wednesday!